Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Barilla. As always, I partner only with brands I truly love and believe in. This allows me to create quick and easy recipes that will get us through the rest of the week without having to break the bank. All opinions are mine.
Barilla(r), on behalf of Barilla, is attending the 6th edition Pasta World Championship at Milan and Parma!
There is definitely a pasta-making competition. Twenty young chefs will compete for the title of Pasta World Champion.
Like the chefs who competed this year, I also love to be creative when it comes to pasta. This allows me to be myself. You can never run out of creative pasta ideas.
Here’s my obsession with sun-dried tomatoes. It was then that I decided to make the most epic cream sauce of ALL time. Hey, guys! I’m trying to win the pasta championship here as well. This pasta dish is so versatile!
You can even use Barilla Whole Grain Linguine. You won’t taste any difference.
It’s not nice, but it’s good to share with family and friends.
Pasta helps me to feel closer to my family when we eat together. You know that everyone will ask for seconds and even thirds while I secretly save the rest of it for tomorrow’s lunch.
- 8 ounces Barilla fettuccine pasta
- Divide four tablespoons of unsalted butter into four equal portions.
- Two skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Italian Seasoning, 1 Tsp.
- Black pepper and Kosher Salt
- Four cloves garlic, minced
- All-purpose flour, 1 1/2 tablespoons
- One tablespoon of tomato paste
- One tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 3/4 cups 2% milk
- Sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped: 1/2 cup
- Reduced fat cream cheese cubed, 3 ounces
- Half a cup of freshly grated Parmesan
- Fresh parsley leaves, two tablespoons
- Cook pasta in a large pot with salted boiling water according to the package directions. Drain well.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium heat. Season the chicken to taste with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook the chicken in the skillet, flipping it once. It should take about 3-4 minutes on each side. Allow the chicken to cool completely before cutting. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining three tablespoons of butter in a skillet. Stirring frequently, add the garlic, and cook until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes). Stir in the flour, tomato paste, and basil for about a minute until it is lightly browned.
- Add the milk and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook, constantly whisking, until the sauce is slightly thickened (about 5 minutes). Add cream cheese and Parmesan. Stir until smooth. About 1-2 minutes. Add more milk if the mixture becomes too thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta and chicken and toss gently.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley if you wish.