Make these savory, sweet chicken kabobs for a game-day party! They’re easy to make and perfect.
I can’t believe that Christmas is only four days away, and I haven’t even finished my Christmas shopping. I’m almost 90% done, but I need to go to the mall to buy the last thing I cannot get on Amazon. This is what I’m getting for my procrastination! Let’s talk about a more pleasant topic. These chicken teriyaki Kabobs are completely unrelated to Christmas.
As a lover of all things teriyaki, I knew that these would be a hit in my house. These kabobs are so easy to make with a simple marinade made from pantry ingredients. Once marinated, all you have to do is grill them for 5 minutes. How easy can that be?
They would be perfect for game days or as an easy and quick meal on those hectic weeknights. You can either serve them as-is or with some rice. Everyone will devour these!
- One tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packaged
- Half a teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Honey 2 Tablespoons
- Chicken breasts 1 1/2 pounds, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Use sesame seeds as a garnish
- Green onions sliced for garnish
- In a small dish, combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water. Set aside.
- Add soy sauce to a small pan over medium heat. Add honey, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar. Stir in cornstarch until it thickens enough to coat a spoon. Let cool to room temperature.
- Combine the teriyaki sauce and chicken in a large Ziploc bag. Marinate for 30 minutes or overnight. Turning the bag every so often.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers. Grill the skewers until they are golden brown and cooked, approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if you wish.