We continue to love tahini, but now with a smoky, new twist. Meet our latest obsession: 5-Minute Harissa Tahini Sauce! It’s bright and zesty with harissa, easy to make, and inspired by True Food Kitchen. This vibrant, versatile sauce is made with just five ingredients in 1 bowl. It’s great for tacos and salads. We’ll show you how to do it!
This simple sauce is an amazing fusion of many of our favorite foods. The sauce is influenced by Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines, thanks to the tahini. It’s also influenced by North African cuisine, with the addition of harissa. Click on the links below to find out more about these versatile and tasty ingredients.
It’s easy to make the sauce by whisking together tahini, harissa, smoked paprika, lemon juice, and salt. It’s easy to make the sauce by adding water and thinning it until you get a smooth consistency that is perfect for everything!
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Add more lemon juice as necessary.
- 2 Tbsp harissa sauce* (NOT paste // we used Mina harissa mild)
- Sea salt, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup of water (plus as much as necessary)
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl (tahini sauce, harissa, lemon juice, and salt) and whisk together.
- Pour the sauce into a jar and serve. Add more harissa to add mild heat and more sea salt to enhance flavor.
- Serve over our quick, crispy cauliflower, roasted vegetables, nourishing bowls, sweet potato fries, or tacos.
- In a tightly sealed container, leftovers can be stored for up to four days. Thin with water if necessary after refrigerating. This product is not freezer-friendly.