This pesto is so easy to make, and the pasta has a lot of flavor. Perfect for busy weeknights.
Yesterday, I was off work, so I spent my day batch cooking for the remainder of the week. It’s been so long since I have had a day out during the week. I forgot what a pleasure it is to stay home and watch some daytime TV. I think I watched 4-5 episodes of Scrubs in a row. The laundry room was also empty, so I took full advantage of it.
This amazing pasta with avocado, corn, beans, and tomatoes is included in the batch cooking day. Jason loved this dish when I made it for him. He kept muttering after every bite. I thought that he was faking how delicious it was.
This dish is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to prepare! After boiling the water for the pasta and dumping everything into the food processor, you can toss it all together. Plus, I replaced the mayo in this recipe with Greek yogurt to make it healthier.
- Farfalle pasta 1 pound
- Three or more chipotles in adobo, according to your taste
- Parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup
- Pine nuts – 1/4 cup
- One clove of garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- One 15-ounce can of whole kernel corn, drained
- One 15-ounce black bean can, rinsed and drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Avocado, half, seeded, peeled, diced
- Fresh cilantro leaves chopped into two tablespoons
- Cook pasta in a large pot with salted boiling water according to the package directions. Drain well.
- For the pesto, place the pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan, and chipotle in a food processor bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. While the motor is running, slowly add Greek yogurt and olive oil until they are emulsified. Set aside.
- Combine pasta, corn, tomatoes, black beans, and pesto in a large mixing bowl.
- If desired, serve immediately with avocados and cilantro.